Pages

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Very Inspirational Women -Fitness for Healthy Life

Woman-loses-130-pounds

women weightloss

 By Conner Rensch / livewellnebraska.com

Let me make one thing very clear: I don’t wear a bikini. In fact, I’ve never worn a bikini in public until last weekend.

So people may be a little confused as to why I got into a tiny two-piece and paraded around a stage to be judged at a figure competition in Denver.

Well, I had something to prove – to myself.

Since May 2008, I have lost 130 pounds, and I am incredibly proud of myself.

The turning point was returning to Omaha after my freshman year of college at Saint Louis University and realizing that I needed to change. I met with a trainer and a nutritionist and began my journey.

In January, I was featured in People Magazine’s Half Their Size Issue. My social media sites blew up with girls looking for inspiration, and I realized that there was a need for a positive role model among young women.

To stay on track with a healthy lifestyle, I’m the kind of person that needs a goal to work toward. A lot of times I get complacent, and I like pushing myself further than even I thought I could go.

So when I heard in April that the World Beauty Fitness and Fashion show decided to add a transformation makeover division to its figure competitions, I knew I had to do it. This meant upping the level of my dedication to my workouts and my clean-eating lifestyle.

The decision to compete in a fitness competition was a huge milestone for me. My body does not look like the typical bikini competitor. As proud as I am of my weight loss, I have scars and stretch marks that most of my competitors don’t have. But those marks are a physical reminder every day of the battle I’ve won.

It was definitely emotional being on stage at the competition. Before I went on,  my picture was showcased on the large projection screen, so when I walked out, I was staring into the face of the old me. In that moment I realized that I am still the same person on the inside. I still have the same smile. The only difference is that I choose to live a healthy life and inspire others to do the same.

 

Source From: http://www.doyoueven.com/2015/07/woman-loses-130-pounds-wins-figure-competition-first-time-wearing-a-bikini-in-her-life/

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative article. Your blog looks really great. I will definitely follow your blog from now on.

    Metadrol informações

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much delighted that I came across your blog.I am an obese and really trying hard to reduce weight.

    Goji Berry Magro

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really a great blog. I'm feeling so glad that I've discovered your blog.It's an informative blog and quality content are here.

    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you providing us your valuable tips.
    I'm very glad that I've found your blog.
    Every post of your blog is so informative.

    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've found a nice informative blog after searching a long time.
    Your blog is really great. You have added many useful tips in your every post.
    Thank you so much.

    kimera

    ReplyDelete
  6. As proud as I am of my weight loss, I have scars and stretch marks that most of my competitors don’t have. http://rachelworthmanblog.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank u so much for the inspirational picture.
    I too have had a similar journey and there are days I feel so depressed that I have the scars to show from it and I'll never look like a fitness model however hard I work. But when j see you all I see is beautiful, even with the scars. Infact the scars make me believe that u r beautiful and strong.

    ReplyDelete